Specific opportunities are detailed below.
Front-end web developer (WordPress & Shopify)
We’re looking to expand our outfit, in the form of an awesome front-end web designer/developer!
We craft quality marketing and eCommerce websites, marketing websites, cloud systems and apps. Our websites are bespoke front-ends, the digital faces of businesses. Our apps and cloud systems range from custom business tools, booking engines and member portals.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years working across WordPress and Shopify.
You’ll need a great sense of design and UI/UX principles and be a bit of an all-rounder that thrives on troubleshooting bugs and technical problems to create inspirational digital platforms.
We’re a small team, but we pack-a-punch and have some big projects in the works. You’ll have a lot of freedom to drive projects and create solutions for our clients.
- You’ll be supported by a close-knit team.
- You’ll work autonomously, both independently and collaboratively on projects creating websites and applications from scratch.
- You’ll need to be someone that can jump into short term support tasks, as well as work on month-long projects.
We’re looking for a team member that has:
- 2+ years building with PHP/Mysql, HTML5, CSS3 and JS Frameworks, specifically within WordPress and Shopify.
- Strong WordPress skills including Elementor, Woocommerce and ACF for custom builds.
- Experience building and supporting Shopify sites, with both existing themes and custom builds.
- Strong CSS and JS skills and a great design sense. You’ll need to be able to take a single page concept and turn it into a complete website. Bonus points if you can also use Sketch or XD to design interfaces based on a brief.
- Great communication skills, ability to manage deadlines and more importantly, decipher vague briefs. You’ll be managing your own clients in some circumstances so great email and phone etiquette is a must.
- An eagerness to learn, a passion for building on the web.
- Experience with Laravel and/or Ionic, or willingness learn, will be looked upon favourably.
We are based on the Gold Coast, but work remotely, so you can too! You must be fluent in English, and live in Australia so we’re in the same timezone.
IMPORTANT! This is essential for all applicants:
We don’t really care if you are a recent graduate, self-taught, or have 10+ years of experience. What you need to show us is a solid portfolio. Ideally you have a portfolio website (you are a developer after all), or links to your best work. Please also provide descriptions of what you did on any examples that are given.
Initially starting as a 1 month contract with the view to permanent employment (work from home).
Salary based on experience. Circa $60k
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.